1. A passenger wanted to know which things were duty-free.
2. I asked them in French where we were then.
3. An officer asked us who that man with a ginger moustache was.
4. I asked my neighbour what the box contained.
5. I asked my fellow traveller if we were in France.
6 I wanted to know if they belonged to Strasbourg.
7. An officer asked them if they were German.
8. He asked us if we had anything to declare.
9. I asked them if that bag was theirs.
10. They asked us if they might open it.
11. The guard (conductor) wanted to know if we would be getting out in Strasbourg.